Keokuk & Mahaska County Land Auction
Monday, November 30, 2020 at 11:00 A.M.
SOLD! TRACT 1 – $7,050 PER ACRE
SOLD! TRACT 2 – $3,400 PER ACRE
SOLD! TRACT 3 – $3,375 PER ACRE
SOLD! TRACT 4 – $3,700 PER ACRE
SOLD! TRACT 5 – $3,850 PER ACRE
SOLD! TRACT 6 – $3,375 PER ACRE
SOLD! TRACT 7 – $5,000 PER ACRE
SOLD! TRACT 8 – $5,600 PER ACRE
SOLD! TRACT 9 – $4,100 PER ACRE
SOLD! TRACT 10 – $4,500 PER ACRE
SOLD! TRACT 11 – $3,650 PER ACRE
SOLD! TRACT 12 – $96,000
SOLD! TRACT 13 – $36,000
SOLD! TRACT 14 – $21,000
SOLD! TRACT 15 – $39,000
TOTAL – $8,933,584.00
2,119 Surveyed Acres± • 15 Tracts
Open House: Monday, November 16 from 9 A.M. – 2 P.M. Sullivan Auctioneers, LLC representatives will be on Tract 1 to answer questions about any of the 15 tracts.
Bidding Now Live!
Location & Directions
The Genosource Farm is located in Sections 1 & 12, Cedar Township, Section 36, White Oak Township, Mahaska County, IA and Sections 5, 6, 7, 8, & 31, Benton Township, Keokuk County, IA. The farm is generally located 2 miles northeast of Fremont, IA or 14 miles north of Ottumwa, IA. (Watch for presale directional signs posted off Hwy 23 in Fremont, IA)
Mark your calendars now for this unprecedented Iowa land auction. Sullivan Auctioneers is honored to bring to you the opportunity to purchase over 2,000 acres of contiguous southern Iowa farmland. The farm literally has it all including productive tillable farmland, excellent recreational acreage, improved pastureland and much, much more! Tract 1 offers an awesome cattle facility that features 3 monoslope buildings and a very nice shop. This is an auction that you will not want to miss. Please feel free to give Mark Butz, Genosource General Manager, a call with any questions at (319) 350-1426. We invite you to a property preview that will be headquartered at the shop on Tract 1 on Monday, November 16, 2020 from 9:00 A.M. to 2:00 P.M.
Tract 1 • 158.06 Surveyed Acres±
- Tract 1 features the farm headquarters and is improved with a 60’ x 80’ pole building with a 16’ x 80’ addition. This structure includes a heated shop area, offices, cattle working areas and 600’ of concrete feed bunks. There is a Silencer hyd. squeeze chute, alleyway and working tub that will be conveyed with the real estate.
- This parcel is highly improved with (3) 45’ x 500’ mono-slope cattle buildings w/2,500’ of concrete bunks & headlocks. There are several other concrete feeding areas with headlocks and an ample amount of cattle drinks. The water source on this tract is supplied by a 1,900’ well that supplies 400 GPM. The list of improvements on this parcel are endless!
- FSA information indicates 66.70 acres tillable with the balance in wooded draws and there is a 6 acre pond located on the tract.
- Clinton, Ladoga & Lindley soils
- CSR2 is 53.8
- Access is on the west & north by Yates Ave.
Tract 2 • 150.90 Surveyed Acres±
- This tract features the feed storage and mixing area and offers a 200’ x 200’ bunker silo. Other improvements include livestock holding and feeding areas with 1,000’ of concrete bunks.
- The parcel is nearly 100% pastureland.
- Soils include Clinton & Lindley
- CSR2 is 48.6
- Access is on the east by Yates Ave.
Tract 3 • 413.41 Surveyed Acres±
- FSA information indicates 142.68 acres tillable currently in row crop production. The balance of the farm is in hardwood timber areas, wooded draws and hay/pastureland.
- There is a nearly 4 acre pond on this tract that services multiple large tire cattle waterers.
- Nodaway-Coppock-Cantril, Clinton & Lindley soils
- CSR2 is 45.1
- Access is on the east by 110th Ave.
Tract 4 • 313.23 Surveyed Acres±
- FSA information indicates 77.00 acres tillable with the balance offering improved pastureland and hay production.
- Improvements include multiple large tire cattle waterers and a concrete feeding area with 180’ of concrete bunks.
- Soils include Clinton & Nodaway-Coppock-Cantril
- CSR2 is 51.8
- Access is on the east by Yates Ave. & on the north by 280th St.
Tract 5 • 151.05 Surveyed Acres±
- FSA information indicates 22.8 acres tillable, with the balance in pastureland and a 7 acre pond is located on this parcel.
- This tract is improved with a concrete feeding area with 250’ of concrete J-bunks, older buildings and an 1860 built brick home.
- Ladoga, Hedrick & Caleb soils.
- CSR2 is 61.4
- Access is on the east by Yates Ave. & on the west by York Ave.
Tract 6 • 318.83 Surveyed Acres±
- FSA information indicates 105.67 acres tillable, with the balance of this tract in improved pastereland.
- This parcel is improved with several large tire cattle waterers.
- Soils include Nodaway-Vesser, Clinton & Caleb.
- CSR2 is 55.5
- Access is on the southeast by Yates Ave., on the west by York Ave. & on the north by 280th St. (Co. Rd. G57).
Tract 7 • 242.84 Surveyed Acres±
- FSA information indicates 199.49 acres tillable, including 11 acres in CRP (CP23) at a payment of $336.00 per acre expiring in 2030. The balance of this parcel is in timber draws.
- Colo, Clinton & Caleb soils
- CSR2 is 61.1
- Access is on the south by 280th St. (Co. Rd. G57) & on the west by York Ave.
Tract 8 • 146.99 Surveyed Acres±
- FSA information indicates 115.30 acres tillable, including 63.50 acres in CRP (CP23) at a payment of $336.00 per acre expiring in 2030. The balance of this tract is a timber area located in the southern portion. This parcel offers attractive hunting and recreational acreage.
- Soils include Nodaway & Clinton
- CSR2 is 57.7
- Access is on the west by York Ave.
Tract 9 • 40.04 Surveyed Acres±
- FSA information indicates 30.38 acres tillable, with the balance in waterways and a pond.
- Clinton, Hedrick & Caleb soils
- CSR2 is 53.4
- Access is on the east by York Ave.
Tract 10 • 91.57 Surveyed Acres±
- FSA information indicates 58.55 acres tillable, with the balance in waterways and grass areas.
- Soils include Clinton, Colo-Ely & Caleb
- CSR2 is 50
- Access is on the east by York Ave.
Tract 11 • 79.13 Surveyed Acres±
- This parcel is currently in hay production, pastureland and offers a pond. The tract is improved with 2 large tire cattle waters, an older barn and cattle sorting pens.
- Clinton, Hedrick & Caleb soils
- CSR2 is 53.1
- Access is on the east by York Ave. & on the north by 290th St.
Tract 12 • 2.14 Surveyed Acres± & Country Home
Physical Address: 28971 Yates Ave. Fremont, IA 52561
- This parcel is improved with a very nice 4 bedroom, 2 story home that offers 2,570 sq. ft. of living area that was built in 2007. There is an unfinished walkout basement, an attached 2 car garage and 3 baths. Other amenities of the dwelling include an open main level floor plan that features a great room with a fireplace and hardwood floors. The heat source is provided by gas forced air furnace and there is central air.
- If you’re looking for a quality-built home with an awesome view of the country side, we urge you to take a look at this one!
Tract 13 • 2.19 Surveyed Acres± & Country Home
Physical Address: 29063 Yates Ave. Fremont, IA 52561
- This parcel is improved with a 2 bedroom ranch style home that features 1,204 sq. ft. of living space and was constructed in 2002. There is a large kitchen with an attractive view of the country side and 2 baths. The heat source is supplied by a gas forced air furnace and there is central air. Other improvements include a new metal roof and an updated septic system.
Tract 14 3.73 Surveyed Acres± & Country Home
Physical Address: 29095 110th Ave. Fremont, IA. 52561
- This tract features a 2 bedroom single story home with 1,200 sq. ft. of living space. The home also features 1 bath, gas forced air furnace, a metal roof and an updated septic system. There is an older storage building located on the property.
- If you are looking for a country property with lots of potential, take a look at this tract.
Tract 15 5.03 Surveyed Acres± & Country Home
Physical Address: 29673 110th Ave. Fremont, IA 52561
- This parcel offers an opportunity to purchase a property that features a small pasture for the horseman or a few head of cattle. Included on this tract is a 1,002 sq. ft. single story home with 1 bedroom and 1 bath. The structure has a newer metal roof and the septic system has been updated.
- This home has not been inhabited for a while.
Method & Terms
The Genosource Farm will be sold in fifteen (15) individual tracts based on a survey that has recently been completed, with the said surveyed acres used to constitute the final settlement price. Tract 1 will be sold first on a price per acre basis. Tracts 2 – 11 will be sold next on a price per acre basis through the marketing method of “buyers choice” whereas the high bidder can take any or all tracts for their high bid. Buyers choice auctioning will continue until all tracts are sold. Tracts 12 – 15 will be sold next individually for a Lump Sum Total Dollar Amount. The farm will NOT be offered in its entirety or in any combinations. Bidding is NOT contingent upon financing.
Ten (10%) percent of the bid price to be due on the day of sale with the balance due in approximately 60 days, on or before Monday, February 1, 2021 upon delivery of a merchantable abstract and deed. Immediately following the auction, the successful bidder(s) shall enter into a written agreement with the seller. The real estate taxes will be prorated to the date of closing. Possession on all tracts will be given at the time of closing. All tracts sell with full farming rights for 2021.
All announcements sale day shall take precedence over any prior advertising either written or oral. The information in this brochure is believed to be accurate; however, no liability for its accuracy, errors or omissions is assumed. All lines drawn on maps, photographs, etc. are approximate. Buyers should verify the information to their satisfaction. There are no expressed or implied warranties pertaining to the property. This real estate is being sold “as is”.
Mark Butz – General Manager (319) 520-1426
Todd J. Locher
Locher & Locher
202 2nd Ave NW,
Farley, IA 52046
Phone (563) 744-3359
Jim Huff (319) 931-9292
John Probasco (641) 856-7355