Friday, November 13, 2020 at 11:00 A.M.
400 Acres± (subject to survey) in 5 Tracts & storage building in Viola, IL
Location & General Information
The Bridger Farm is located 1 mile east of Viola, IL on IL Hwy 17, then 1 ½ miles south on 270th St. (or approximately 30 miles south of the Moline, IL, or 30 miles northwest of Galesburg, IL) The property is further described as being located in Sections 23, 24 & 25, T14N•R2W, Greene Township, Mercer County, Illinois. The Bridger Farm offers both tillable land as well as excellent recreational areas and potential building sites. Also selling is a newer 2-bay pole building situated on a nice sized lot and located adjacent to the elementary school in Viola, IL.
Tract 1 • 80 Acres± (subject to survey)
- FSA figures indicate 40.71 tillable acres.
- Crop Productivity Index (PI) is 117.5 on the tillable acres.
- Major soil types are Orion, Keomah, Rozetta, and Fayette.
- Tract 1 represents productive, tillable farmland, timber & recreational areas.
- Road access on the entire north side by 65th Ave. and by an easement through Tract 2.
Tract 2 • 80 Acres± (subject to survey)
- FSA figures indicate 53.99 tillable acres.
- Crop Productivity Index (PI) is 114 on the tillable acres.
- Major soil types are Clarksdale, Orion, Rozetta, Fayette, Hickory and Sylvan
- Tract represents productive, tillable farmland, timber & recreational areas, potential building sites, and is improved with a 48’X72’ Morton pole building.
- Road access on the entire north side by 65th Ave and on the entire east side by 270th St.
Tract 3 • 40 Acres± (subject to survey)
- FSA figures indicate 34.71 tillable acres, including 9.28 acres in CRP (CP2 & CP12) at a payment rate of $95.38 per acre expiring in 2030.
- Crop Productivity Index (PI) is 96.2 on the tillable acres.
- Major soil types are Mareilles-Hickory, Radford, Fayette and Rozetta
- Tract represents productive, tillable farmland, wooded areas, and a potential building site.
- Road access on the entire east side by 270th St.
Tract 4 • 80 Acres± (subject to survey)
- FSA figures indicate 76.31 tillable acres, including 4.39 acres in CRP (CP2) at a payment rate of $226.73 per acre expiring in 2026.
- Crop Productivity Index (PI) is 104.3 on the tillable acres.
- Major soil types are Orion, Hickory, Fayette, Rozetta, Thebes, and Marseilles-Hickory.
- Tract represents mostly productive, tillable farmland.
- Road access on the entire south side by 65th Ave. and on the entire west side by 270th St.
Tract 5 • 120 Acres± (subject to survey)
- FSA figures indicate 75.02 tillable acres, including 47.64 acres in CRP (CP2 & CP12) at a payment rate of $110.81 per acre expiring in 2030.
- Crop Productivity Index (PI) is 86.5 on the tillable acres.
- Major soil types are Hickory, Rozetta, Keomah, Hickory-Sylvan and Fayette.
- Tract represents tillable farmland, timber, excellent wildlife areas and a small pond.
- Tract 5 is accessed from the west by 85th Ave. which is a public road but not well maintained, and by an easement.
Tract 6 • Storage Building
- Located at the east end of 19th Ave, adjacent to the elementary school in Viola, IL.
- Lot size is 64’X128.5’ with a chain-link fence on two sides.
- Tract is improved with a very nice 2002 built 28’X40’ two bay storage building with three overhead doors, a walk-in door, electrical service, overhead hoist and a concrete floor.
Method & Terms
The Bridger Farm will be sold in 6 individual tracts. Tracts 1-5 will be sold on a price per acre basis based on a survey that is currently in progress. Said surveyed acres will be used to constitute the final settlement price. If the survey is not completed by sale day, the final sale price will be adjusted at closing based on the acreage revealed in the survey. Tracts 1-5 will be offered through the marketing method of “buyer’s choice”, whereas the high bidder can select any or all tracts for their high bid. If the high bidder does not select all 5 tracts, the remaining tract(s) will continue to be offered “buyer’s choice” until all tracts have been sold. After all tracts have been sold, we will NOT offer the farm in any type of combinations. Each sale will be final. Tract 6 (the storage building) will be sold last for a “lump sum” total dollar amount. Bidding is NOT contingent on financing.
Immediately following the auction, the successful bidder(s) shall enter into a written agreement with the seller. Ten (10%) percent of the bid price to be due on the day of sale with the balance due at closing in approximately 30 days, on or before Monday, December 14, 2020. Title insurance in the full amount of the purchase price will be provided by the seller. The 2020 real estate taxes, due in 2021 will be paid by the seller. Full possession will be given at closing, subject to current tenant’s rights. The farm is free and clear for the 2021 crop season.
All announcements sale day shall take precedence over any prior advertising either written or oral. The information in this brochure is believed to be accurate; however, no liability for its accuracy, errors or omissions is assumed. All lines drawn on maps, photographs, etc. are approximate. Buyers should verify the information to their satisfaction. There are no expressed or implied warranties pertaining to the property. This real estate is being sold “as is”.
The John Bridger Estate
Dwight Bridger – Executor
2020 SE 3rd St., Aledo, IL 61231
Phone: (309) 582-5327
Auction Manager: Dale Jones (309) 299-6400