Hancock County, IL Land Auction – Northup
Tuesday, December 28, 2021 - 10:00 am Central
Auction to be conducted as a virtual, online auction. If you need assistance with internet bidding, please contact our office at (844) 847-2161
Hancock County, Illinois
The Northup land is located in Section 19, Pontoosuc Township, Hancock County, Illinois. From Hwy 96/Route 9, west of Dallas City, IL and east of the Niota, IL/Fort Madison, IA bridge, turn south on Co. Rd. 1270 and go approximately 3 miles to the Y. Turn southwest on E. Co. Rd. 2700 and go a short distance to the northwest corner of the farm, which lies on the south side of the blacktop.
Roland & Nancy Northup
Joe Sullivan (844) 847-2161
41 Acres± • 1 Tract
Make plans to check out the Northup farm that has it all! 15+ acres tillable with the balance being in timber and awesome wildlife habitat. The tillable portion of the farm includes 8.41± acres currently in row crop production. (All in one field.) The balance tillable acres are currently in CRP. These CRP acres total 6.9 acres±.
- FSA figures should indicate 15+ cropland acres.
- Soil Productivity Index (PI): 117.4 (tillable acres)
- Soil types include Rozetta, Atterberry & Fayette.
- The tillable portion of the farm includes 8.41± acres currently in row crop production (all in one field). The balance tillable acres are currently in CRP. These CRP acres total 6.9 acres±.
- The farm sells subject to a one year farm tenancy with a long time local operator.
- The balance of the farm is in timber & wildlife habitat.
- Public water & fiber optic are available in close proximity to the farm.
- Access from E. Co. Rd. 2700 by way of a public grass lane that borders the entire west property line.
Method & Terms
The farm will be sold on a price per acre basis, based on advertised acres.
Immediately following the auction, the successful buyer will be required to sign a real estate sales contract and pay ten percent (10%) of the purchase price as a non-refundable down payment which will be held in escrow until closing. The balance of the purchase price will be due at closing which will take place on or before Monday, January 31, 2022. The seller will provide title insurance in the full amount of the purchase price and pay the 2021 real estate taxes, due and payable in 2022. Possession at closing subject to a one year farm tenancy for the upcoming 2022 crop year.
Bidding is NOT subject to the following contingencies, including but not limited to financing, an appraisal or inspection of the property.
All announcements made sale day take precedence over prior advertising either written or oral. The information in our brochure, in our advertisements and on our website is believed to be accurate; however, no liability for its accuracy, errors or omissions is assumed. All lines drawn on maps, photographs, drone video, etc. are approximate. Buyers should verify the information to their satisfaction. There are no expressed or implied warranties made by the seller or Sullivan Auctioneers, LLC pertaining to this property. Real estate is being sold “AS IS”.
Real Estate Tax Information
SOIL MAP (tillable acres)
Roland & Nancy Northup - Sellers
Thomas F. Hartzell
Tucker, Hartzell & Bryant
608 Wabash Ave., Carthage IL 62321
Auction Manager: Joe Sullivan