Monroe County, IA Land Auction – Prater
Thursday, September 29, 2022 - 1:00 pm Central
Auction to be conducted as a virtual, online auction. If you need assistance with internet bidding, please contact our office at
TRACT 1 – $3,025 PER ACRE
TRACT 2 – $4,400 PER ACRE
TRACT 3 – $8,000 PER ACRE
TRACT 4 – $4,850 PER ACRE
TOTAL – $1,426,751.25
Monroe County, Iowa
The Prater farm is located in Sections 34 & 35, Franklin Township, Monroe County, Iowa. 4 miles west of Moravia, Iowa (10 miles south of Albia, IA). From Moravia, Iowa go west 4 miles on Co. Rd. J18 to 200th Ave. Turn right or north and proceed a ½ mile to the farm. (Be watching for presale directional signs)
Merle D. Prater Revocable Trust
Phil Prater, Merla Schmell & Camilla Williamson – Sellers
John Probasco (641) 856-7355
360.38 Surveyed Acres • 4 Tracts
Mark your calendars now for this upcoming Monroe County, Iowa land auction. This farm features productive tillable farmland, hay production and highly improved pastureland. The close proximity to Rathbun Lake provides excellent opportunities for home building sites. You will most certainly want to participate in this unprecedented land auction!
TRACT 1 - 239.35 SURVEYED ACRES
- FSA information should indicate 172 acres of tillable cropland, currently in improved pastureland. The balance of the tract is in wooded draws.
- Gara, Pershing & Olmitz-Colo-Vessor soils.
- CSR2 is 46.9.
- A spring provides a year-round water source on this tract (see pictures that were taken last week below).
- Access is on the south by 278th St.
TRACT 2 - 40.34 SURVEYED ACRES
- FSA information should indicate 31.28 acres of tillable cropland, currently in improved pastureland. The balance of the tract is in wooded draws.
- Lamoni, Clarinda & Gara soils.
- CSR2 is 27.
- This tract is improved with an over 4 acre pond.
- Access is on the north by 278th St.
TRACT 3 - 42.50 SURVEYED ACRES
- FSA information should indicate 32.70 acres of tillable cropland, currently in row crop & hay production. The balance of the tract is in waterways.
- Arispe, Grundy & Haig soils.
- CSR2 is 64.2.
- This tract is improved with a 52’ x 52’ hay/ livestock barn, cattle holding pens and a nice pond.
- Access is on the north by 278th St. & on the east by 600th Ave.
TRACT 4 - 38.19 SURVEYED ACRES
- FSA information should indicate 32.75 acres of tillable cropland, currently in row crop & hay production. The balance of the tract is in waterways and a wooded draw.
- Clarinda, Grundy & Arispe soils.
- CSR2 is 51.6.
- Access is on the north by 278th St. & on the west by 600th Ave.
METHOD & TERMS
The Prater farm will be sold in four (4) individual tracts on a price per acre basis, based on a survey that has recently been completed, with the surveyed acres used to constitute the final settlement price. All tracts will be sold through the marketing method of “Buyer’s Choice”, whereas the high bidder can take any or all tracts for their high bid. “Buyer’s Choice” auctioning will continue until all four (4) tracts have been sold. The farm will NOT be offered in its entirety or in any combinations. Bidding is NOT contingent upon financing, an appraisal or inspection.
Ten (10%) percent of the bid price to be due on the day of sale with the balance due in approximately 30 days, on or before Monday, October 31, 2022 upon delivery of a merchantable abstract and deed. Immediately following the auction, the successful bidder(s) shall enter into a written agreement with the seller. Possession will be given at the time of closing subject to a lease with the tenant. All tracts sell with full farming rights for the 2023 crop year.
All announcements sale day shall take precedence over any prior advertising either written or oral. The information in this brochure is believed to be accurate; however, no liability for its accuracy, errors or omissions is assumed. All lines drawn on maps, photographs, etc. are approximate. Buyers should verify the information to their satisfaction. There are no expressed or implied warranties pertaining to the property. This real estate is being sold “as is”.
Merle D. Prater Revocable Trust
Phil Prater, Merla Schmell & Camilla Williamson - Sellers
Thomas L. Anders | Anders Law Office
508 Drake Ave, Centerville, IA 52544 | (641) 856-6088
Auction Manager: John Probasco (641) 856-7355