Appanoose County, Iowa Land Auction
Thursday, September 09, 2021 - 10:00 am Central
Auction to be conducted as a virtual, online auction. If you need assistance with internet bidding, please contact our office at (844) 847-2161
TRACT 1 – $200,000 LUMP SUM
TRACT 2 – $6,850 PER ACRE
TRACT 3 – $5,500 PER ACRE
TRACT 4 – $6,600 PER ACRE
TRACT 5 – $8,900 PER ACRE
TRACT 6 – $5,250 PER ACRE
TOTAL – $2,655,759.00
AVERAGE – $7,032 PER ACRE
Appanoose County, Iowa
The Royer Farm is located in Sections 4 & 9, Franklin Township, Appanoose County, IA (6 miles west of Cincinnati, Iowa or 10 miles southwest of Centerville, Iowa). At the west edge of Cincinnati, Iowa go southeast 1½ miles on St. Hwy 5 to 600th St (Co. Rd. J60), turn right or west and proceed 4½ miles to the farm. (Be watching for presale directional signs)
Larry & Diana Royer
John Probasco (641) 856-7355
363.16 Surveyed Acres • 6 Tracts
Make plans now to participate in this upcoming large Appanoose County, Iowa land auction. This farm offers productive tillable farmland that is currently in improved pastureland and forage production. Tract 1 offers a 1 1/2 story 3 bedroom country home, several usable storage buildings and livestock facilities. We urge you to take a look at this well maintained farm that has been in the Royer family for well over 50 years.
FRIDAY, AUGUST 27TH 4:00 P.M. – 6:00 P.M.
FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 3RD 1:00 P.M. – 4:00 P.M.
Tract 1 • Country Home & 13.96 Surveyed Acres
Physical Address: 12277 590th St., Numa, IA 52544
- This attractive parcel is improved with a 1½ story 3 bedroom home offering 2 full baths and 1,224 sq. ft. of living area. Other amenities feature a GFA furnace w/ central air, a newer metal roof, a large deck & Rathbun Rural Water is located on the property. The balance of this property includes several nice machinery and livestock buildings, an abundance of concrete & good exterior fences. The list of the highlights are endless! This is a must see property, we urge you to take a look!
- Access is on the north by 590th St.
Tract 2 • 26.98 Surveyed Acres
- FSA information should indicate 23.23 acres tillable that is currently in hay production. There is a nice pond on this parcel.
- Seymour & Edina soils.
- CSR2 is 56.1.
- Access is on the east by 125th Ave.
Tract 3 • 71.91 Surveyed Acres
- FSA information should indicate 57.45 acres tillable that is currently in improved pastureland. There is a large nearly 3 acre pond located on this tract.
- Soils include Olmitz-Vesser-Colo & Lamoni.
- CSR2 is 43.7.
- Access is on the north by 590th St. via a driveway that will require installation. Said driveway as been approved by the Appanoose County Secondary Road Dept. All driveway construction costs will be at the buyers expense.
Tract 4 • 89.64 Surveyed Acres
- FSA information should indicate 78.30 acres tillable that is currently in hay production & improved pastureland. There are 2 ponds located on this parcel.
- Seymour, Edina & Clarinda soils.
- CSR2 is 50.9
- Access is on the east by 125th Ave. via a driveway that will require installation. Said driveway as been approved by the Appanoose County Secondary Road Dept. All driveway construction costs will be at the buyers expense.
Tract 5 • 120.63 Surveyed Acres
- FSA information should indicate 118.04 acres tillable that is currently in hay production.
- Soils include Seymour & Edina.
- CSR2 is 57.2.
- Access is on the east by 125th Ave. & on the south by 600th St.
Tract 6 • 40.04 Surveyed Acres
- FSA information should indicate 34.55 acres tillable that is currently in hay production and there is a nice pond on the parcel.
- Seymour & Edina soils.
- CSR2 is 49.3.
- Access is the west by 125th Ave.
Method & Terms
The Royer Farm will be sold in six (6) individual tracts, based on a survey that is currently in progress. Tract 1 will be sold first for a “lump sum” total dollar amount. Tracts 2-6 will be sold on a price per acre basis through the marketing method of Buyer’s Choice. Buyer’s Choice auctioning will continue until all tracts have sold. The farm will NOT be combined at the conclusion of the auction.
Ten (10%) percent of the bid price to be due on the day of sale with the balance due in approximately 30 days, on or before Tuesday, October 12, 2021 upon delivery of a merchantable abstract and deed. Immediately following the auction, the successful bidder(s) shall enter into a written agreement with the seller. The real estate taxes will be prorated to the date of closing. Full possession will be given at the time of closing of the home on Tract 1. Possession on the buildings and cattle facility on Tract 1 will be subject to the current farm lease with the tenant for 2021. Possession on Tracts 2-6 will be given at the time of closing, subject to the current farm lease with the tenant for the 2021 crop year. Farm sells with full farming rights for the 2022 crop year.
All announcements sale day shall take precedence over any prior advertising either written or oral. The information in this brochure is believed to be accurate; however, no liability for its accuracy, errors or omissions is assumed. All lines drawn on maps, photographs, etc. are approximate. Buyers should verify the information to their satisfaction. There are no expressed or implied warranties pertaining to the property. This real estate is being sold “as is”.
Larry & Diana Royer
Michael D. Craver
Craver, Grothe & Cox, LLP
303 W State Street
Centerville, IA 52544
Auction Manager: John Probasco (641) 856-7355