Friday, November 6, 2020 at 2:00 p.m.
158.38 Surveyed Acres • 4 Tracts
Auction to be conducted as a virtual, online only auction. No internet buyer fees! No on-site bidding permitted.
If you need assistance with internet bidding, please contact our office at (844) 847-2161. Thank you.
Click here to continue to this Proxibid event. After entering, click on ‘Participate in this Event’ which will allow you to participate if you have an account with Proxibid or it also will allow you to set up an account and then participate.
Open House On Tract 1
Thurs., Oct. 15th from 10:00 A.M. – 12:00 Noon
Sat., Oct. 24th from 10:00 A.M. – 12:00 Noon
LOCATION & GENERAL INFORMATION
The Bridges Family Farm is located in Sections 31 & 32 of Ash Grove Township & in Section 5 of Big Spring Township, all in Shelby County, Illinois. The farm is further described as being generally located approximately 3 miles east of the small village of Strasburg, Illinois. From Hwy. 16/32 approx. 8 miles east of Shelbyville, Illinois (Lake Shelbyville), or approx. 13 miles SW of Mattoon, Illinois, turn south on Hwy. 32 and pass through the small town of Strasburg. At the south edge of town turn east on Franklin Street (Cty. Blacktop 900N), go east approx. 3 1/2 miles to the farm.
Make plans to check out this beautiful farm that has been in the Bridges Family for over 100 years (5 generations). The farm will be sold in 4 individual tracts, all of which are currently being surveyed. Tract 1 will include the Bridges family home, machine shed, grain bins, barn and other outbuildings. Tracts 2 – 4 are unimproved land tracts, all of which have income producing tillable acres along with wooded wildlife habitat. All tracts have excellent access to public roads and all tracts have public water available.
Tract 1 – 73.04 Surveyed Acres
- FSA figures should indicate approximately 44.08 acres± tillable which is currently in row crop, hay & pasture.
- Crop Productivity Index (PI) is 115.3 on the tillable acres.
- Soil types to include Sawmill, Ava & Camden soils. (Soil map online)
- The balance acres represent large mature hardwood timber with a creek.
- This tract is improved with an older but extremely well kept single story, 2 bedroom, 1 bath country home. Other improvements include a large barn, Morton machine shed, 3 grain bins and various other small outbuildings.
- Very attractive tract with tar & chipped hard surface driveway which leads back to the neat old Bridges homestead. Very scenic property!
- Public water has been run to the home.
- Access by Cty. Blacktop 900N along the south border.
The blacktop driveway which leads to the homestead will be owned by Tract 1.
Tract 2 – 28.96 Surveyed Acres
- FSA figures should indicate approximately 11.84 acres± currently in row crop production.
- Crop Productivity Index (PI) is 96.7 on the tillable acres.
- Soil types to include Bluford, Ava & Atlas soils. (Soil map online)
- The balance acres in this tract represent timber & pastureland with good fences.
- Very nice combination tract with tillable, timber and fantastic possible new home site. Hard to find small tract.
- Public water available along Cty. Blacktop 3150E.
- Access along the entire east side by Cty. Blacktop 3150E.
Tract 3 – 29.47 Surveyed Acres
- FSA figures should indicate approximately 15.03 acres± tillable which is currently in hay.
- Crop Productivity Index (PI) is 94.9 on the tillable acres.
- Soil types to include Ava, Fishhook & Atlas soils. (Soil map online)
- The balance acres in this tract represent timber.
- This tract has it all with blacktop road access, tillable acres which produce income and wildlife habitat. This would also make a fantastic possible new home site.
- Public water is available along Cty. Blacktop 900N.
- Access along the entire south side by Cty. Blacktop 900N. Note: The blacktop drive along the east border of this tract is not included with this tract and will be owned by the buyer of Tract 1.
Tract 4 – 26.91 Surveyed Acres
- FSA figures should indicate approximately 20.96 acres± which is currently in row crop production.
- Crop Productivity Index (PI) is 93.8 on the tillable acres.
- Soil types to include Ava, Atlas & Bluford soils. (Soil map online)
- Public water is available along Cty. Blacktop 900N.
- The balance acres consist of timber located near the south border.
- Access along the entire north side by Cty. Blacktop 900N.
METHOD & TERMS
The Bridges Farm will be sold in 4 individual tracts, all of which have recently been surveyed. All tracts will sell on a price per acre basis, based on the results of the survey. Tract 1, which includes the Bridges Family home will sell first. After Tract 1 has been sold, we will offer Tracts 2, 3 & 4 through the marketing method of “buyer’s choice”, whereas the high bidder can elect any or all of the tracts for their high bid. If the high bidder does not elect all of these 3 tracts, the remaining tract(s) will be sold choice until all tracts have been chosen. We will NOT offer the farm in any type of combinations or in its entirety. Each sale will be final.
Immediately following the auction, the successful bidder(s) shall enter into a written agreement with the seller. Ten (10%) percent of the bid price to be due on the day of sale with the balance due at closing in approximately 45 days, on or before Monday, December 21, 2020. Title insurance in the full amount of the purchase price will be provided by the seller. The 2020 real estate taxes, due in 2021 will be paid by the seller, as the seller is retaining the 2020 crop income. Possession will be given at the time of closing subject only to the remainder of the 2020 tillable and pasture farm tenancy.
All announcements sale day shall take precedence over any prior advertising either written or oral. The information in this brochure is believed to be accurate; however, no liability for its accuracy, errors or omissions is assumed. All lines drawn on maps, photographs, etc. are approximate. Buyers should verify the information to their satisfaction. There are no expressed or implied warranties pertaining to the property. This real estate is being sold “as is”.
The Norma Jean Bridges Income Trust
Sally Phillips – Sole Trustee
Holly Hotze Lynch
ORR Law LLC
215 N 4th St,
Effingham, IL 62401
Phone: (217) 342-1212