Thursday, February 4, 2021 at 10:00 A.M.
117.72 Taxable Acres± (2 Tracts)
Auction to be conducted as a virtual, online only auction. No on-site bidding permitted.
If you need assistance with internet bidding, please contact our office at (844) 847-2161. Thank you.
Click here to continue to this Proxibid event. After entering, click on ‘Participate in this Event’ which will allow you to participate if you have an account with Proxibid or it also will allow you to set up an account and then participate.
The Mitchell Property is located in Sections 29 & 31, Farmington Township, Van Buren County, IA. At the south edge of Bonaparte, IA go south on Co. Rd. W40 continuing on St. Hwy. 2 – 3 miles to Timber Ave., then turn right or west and go a short distance to Tract 2. Proceed 1 mile west and south to 272nd Rd., then turn right or west and go a short distance to Tract 1. Continue 3/4 mile west to the equipment location at 27027 Spruce Ave.
(Be watching for presale directional signs)
Tract 1 • 113.88 Taxable Acres±
- FSA information indicates 78.94 acres tillable, including 10.30 acres in CRP (CP38E-25) at a payment of $222.14 per acre expiring in 2026. The tillable acres have been utilized for improved pasture and hay production for several years. The balance of this tract offers wooded draws featuring highly desirable recreational acreage.
- Nodaway, Rathbun & Galland soils
- CSR2 is 45.9
- This parcel is improved with Rathbun Rural Water that feeds a frost free cattle drink and a very nice 36′ x 52′ steel utility building.
- Access is on the north by 272nd Rd.
Tract 2 • 3.84 Country Acreage±
Physical Address: 27031 Timber Ave. Bonaparte, IA 52620
- This tract features a 60′ x 150′ all steel building that has a large entry door and a concrete floor. Included on the parcel is an 11,000 bu. grain bin with a drying system, that was constructed in 2009. There are several attractive home buildings sites on the property with Rathbun Rural Water on the tract and St. Hwy. 2 is a short distance from the entrance.
- Access is on the south by Timber Ave.
Method and Terms
The Mitchell Farm will be sold in two (2) individual tracts based on the taxable acres advertised in this brochure. Tract 1 will be sold first on a price per acre basis, Tract 2 will be sold next for a “Lump Sum total dollar amount”. The tracts will NOT be offered in their entirety or in any combinations. Bidding is not contingent upon financing.
Ten (10%) percent of the bid price to be due on the day of sale with the balance due in approximately 30 days, on or before Thursday, March 4, 2021 upon delivery of a merchantable abstract and deed. Immediately following the auction, the successful bidder(s) shall enter into a written agreement with the seller. The real estate taxes will be prorated to the date of closing. Possession on all tracts will be given at the time of closing. All tracts sell with full farming rights for the 2021 crop year.
All announcements sale day shall take precedence over any prior advertising either written or oral. The information in this brochure is believed to be accurate; however, no liability for its accuracy, errors or omissions is assumed. All lines drawn on maps, photographs, etc. are approximate. Buyers should verify the information to their satisfaction. There are no expressed or implied warranties pertaining to the property. This real estate is being sold “as is”.
Also selling Corky & Katie’s high quality farm machinery auction that will be held on Thursday, February 4th at 11:00 AM!
Ronnie D. “Corky” & L. Katie Mitchell – Sellers
Lynch Law Office
207 S. Washington St.,
Bloomfield, Ia 52537
Phone (641) 664-3188
Jim Huff (319) 931-9292
Jeff Hoyer (319) 759-4320
TRACT 1 SOIL MAP
TRACT 1 PHOTOS
TRACT 2 PHOTOS