Sold! Tract 1 – $2,150.00 Per Acre
Sold! Tract 2 – $2,950.00 Per Acre
Sold! Tract 3 – $2,150.00 Per Acre
Thursday, July 5, 2018 at 5:00 P.M.
Sale to be held at the Roberts Memorial Center, 20497 IA-1, Keosauqua, IA 52565
223 Acres± (subject to survey) • 3 Tracts
OPEN HOUSE: SATURDAY, JUNE 23 FROM 10:30 A.M. – 12 NOON
The Williams Trust Farm is located in Section 1, Lick Creek Township, Section 6, Van Buren Township & Section 31, Union Township, Van Buren County, IA. Tracts 1 & 2 are located 5 miles north of Keosauqua, IA on St. Hwy. 1. To access Tract 3 take St. Hwy. 1 north from Keosauqua, IA, 4½ miles to 165th St. Turn left or west and proceed 1½ miles to the parcel. (Be watching for presale directional signs.)
Tract 1 – 108 Acres± (subject to survey)
- FSA information should indicate 56.53 acres tillable that is currently in Alfalfa & grass hay production.
- Gorin, Weller & Lindley soils
- CSR2 is 35.6 (CSR2 is 38.3 on the tillable acres)
- The balance of this tract is excellent improved pasture with several areas of new or very good fencing. There are 7 ponds on this parcel supplying ample water for cattle or for fishing. The view from the hillside overlooking the valley is very picturesque and has to be seen to really appreciate this attractive Van Buren County, IA farm.
- This tract is improved with an early 1½ story country home that offers 4 bedrooms and a single bath. The heating is supplied by a GFA furnace and a woodburning furnace. There are several older outbuildings including large hay & livestock and there are several areas of concrete in the cattle lots.
- Access is on the northeast by St. Hwy. 1
Tract 2 – 83 Acres±- (subject to survey)
- FSA information should indicate 49.42 acres tillable that is currently in hay production. The balance of this parcel is also in improved pasture that includes several 100 ft. of good or excellent fencing.
- There are several areas of hardwood timber and 4 nice ponds that only add to the recreation value of this parcel. This tract offers several nice home building sites with outstanding views of the countyside.
- Soils include Weller & Gorin
- CSR2 is 36.3 (CSR2 is 43.4 on the tillable acres)
- Access is on the northeast by St. Hwy. 1
Tract 3 – 32 Acres± (subject to survey)
- FSA information should indicate 18.62 acres tillable with balance in pasture that offers improved fences and a pond.
- Weller & Munterville soils
- CSR2 is 43.4 (CSR2 is 44.8 on the tillable acres)
- This tract is improved with a nice 40’ x 70’ metal machinery storage building.
- Access is on the south by 165th St. via an ingress/egress easement & on the west by Lick Creek Rd.
METHOD & TERMS
The Williams Trust Farm will be sold in 3 individual tracts on a price per acre basis, based on a survey that is currently in progress. Said surveyed acres will be used to constitute the final settlement price. Tracts 1 & 2 will be sold first through the marketing method of “Buyers Choice”, whereas the high bidder can take either or both tracts for their high bid, followed by Tract 3. Tracts will be sold individually and will NOT be combined at the conclusion of the auction.
Ten (10%) percent of the bid price to be due on the day of sale, with the balance due in approx. 30 days on or before Monday, August 6, 2018 upon delivery of a merchantable abstract and deed.
Immediately following the auction, the successful bidder shall enter into a written agreement with the sellers. The real estate taxes will be prorated to the date of closing. Due to these properties being in an estate, according to the Iowa Septic System “Time of Transfer” Law, the sellers will not be required to update or inspect the septic systems on Tract 1. Any septic system upgrading or testing will be at the buyer(s) expense. Possession on all tracts will be given at the time of closing subject to farm leases for 2018. Full possession of the home on Tract 1 will be given at the time of closing. For complete details contact auction company.
All announcements sale day shall take precedence over any prior advertising either written or oral. The information in this brochure is believed to be accurate; however, no liability for its accuracy, errors or omissions is assumed. All lines drawn on maps, photographs, etc. are approximate. Buyers should verify the information to their satisfaction. There are no expressed or implied warranties pertaining to the property. This real estate is being sold “as is”.
AUCTIONEERS’ NOTE: Make plans now to attend this upcoming Van Buren County, Iowa land and personal property auction. Mr. & Mrs. Williams were on this farm nearly all their life and you will find this to be one of the most outstanding pasture farms to be offered at public auction in the Tri-State area. Please note the 2 different days and times. We will sell the land at the Roberts Memorial Center in Keosauqua, IA on Thurs., July 5th at 5 P.M. followed by a large country auction that will offer something for everyone the next day at 9 A.M. sharp at the farm. This will be a multi-ring auction so come prepared with an extra bidder. Auction personal and loaders will be available sale day only, please bring your trailers.
Lunch available. Not responsible for accidents, errors or omissions. Announcements sale day take precedence.