Thursday, November 5, 2020 at 10:00 A.M. (Real Estate sells at 11:00 A.M.)
195 Acres± (subject to survey) • 4 Tracts
Live onsite auction.
Property Preview: Thursday, October 22nd from 4:00 – 5:00 P.M.
Physical address: 18557 Spruce Ave., Keosauqua, Iowa 52565
Click here to continue to the Real Estate Proxibid event. After entering, click on ‘Participate in this Event’ which will allow you to register to bid if you have an account with Proxibid or it also will allow you to set up an account and then register to participate.
The Tortat Farm is located in Section 13, Washington Township & Section 18 & 19, Harrisburg Township, Van Buren County, IA. At the west edge of Bonaparte, IA go northwest 2½ miles to Spruce Ave. Turn right or north and proceed 3½ miles to the farm. (Be watching for presale directional signs)
Tract 1 • 45 Acres± (Subject to survey)
- FSA information indicates 43.27 acres tillable.
- Productive Belinda & Haig soils.
- CSR2 is 61.4
- Access is on the north by 190th St.
Tract 2 • 80 Acres± (Subject to survey)
- FSA information indicates 74.74 acres tillable, with the balance in a wooded draw.
- Pershing & Belinda soils.
- CSR2 is 47
- Access is on the south by 190th St. & on the west by Spruce Ave.
Tract 3 • 67 Acres± (Subject to survey)
- FSA information indicates 15.53 acres tillable, with the balance in open pastureland. This parcel features wooded draws offering attractive recreational acreage and there is a pond located on the property.
- Soils include Weller, Lindley & Ashgrove
- CSR2 is 41.1
- Access is on the east by Spruce Ave.
Tract 4 • 3 Acres± Country Acreage
Physical Address: 18557 Spruce Ave., Keosauqua, IA
- This parcel is improved with an older 1½ story, 3 bedroom home that features 1,338 sq. ft. of living area, and has a gas forced air furnace w/central air.
- Included on the parcel is a steel 25’ x 30’ detached garage with a concrete floor.
- There are 2 older grain bins, an older silo w/feeding floor that hasn’t been used in awhile and a small livestock holding area.
- Access is on the east by Spruce Ave.
Method & Terms
The Tortat Farm will be sold in four (4) individual tracts based on a survey that is currently in progress, with the said surveyed acres used to constitute the final settlement price. Tracts 1-3 will be sold through the marketing method of “buyers choice” whereas the high bidder can take any or all tracts for their high bid. Buyers choice auctioning will continue until all tracts are sold. Tract 4 will be sold last for a “lump sum” total dollar amount. The farm will NOT be offered in its entirety or in any combinations. Bidding is NOT contingent upon financing.
Ten (10%) percent of the bid price to be due on the day of sale with the balance due in approximately 30 days, on or before Monday, December 7, 2020 upon delivery of a merchantable abstract and deed. Immediately following the auction, the successful bidder(s) shall enter into a written agreement with the seller. The real estate taxes will be prorated to the date of closing. Possession on Tracts 1-3 will be given at the time of closing subject to a farm lease for the 2020 crop year. Possession on Tract 4 will be given at the time of closing. Subject to the Iowa Septic System Law, since this property is in an estate the septic system on Tract 4 is exempt from any testing or upgrades. Any future septic system testing or upgrades will be at the buyer’s expense. Farm sells free & clear for the 2021 crop year. For complete details contact the auction company.
All announcements sale day shall take precedence over any prior advertising either written or oral. The information in this brochure is believed to be accurate; however, no liability for its accuracy, errors or omissions is assumed. All lines drawn on maps, photographs, etc. are approximate. Buyers should verify the information to their satisfaction. There are no expressed or implied warranties pertaining to the property. This real estate is being sold “as is”.
Personal Property Listing
- Case 1070 2wd tractor, Cab, PS trans, 2 hyd. outlets, 3-pt., 540 PTO, 18.4-38 rear tires, 10.00-16 front tires, showing 7,725 hours, SN 8733399
- John Deere 4010 2wd diesel tractor, syncro trans, 2 hyd. outlets, 540 PTO, fenders, 15.5-38 rear tires, 11L-15 front tires, showing 998 hours, SN 21T3649, sells complete w/ loader w/60” material bucket
- Case 1070 2wd tractor, Cab PS trans, 2 hyd. outlets, 540 PTO, 18.4-34 rear tires, has not run in awhile
- International 540 manure spreader, single rear beater, 540 PTO, 9.00-20 tires, SN 11908460006677
- (2) John Deere 1209 9’ mower conditioner, rubber rolls, 540 PTO
- John Deere 14’ disc, manual fold wings, tandems on main frame, 15” tires, 8 ½” spacings
- John Deere 1000 24’ field cultivator, 3 bar coil tine harrow, walking tandems on main frame, 15” tires
- Howes 10’ 3-pt. rotary cutter, 540 PTO
- NU-Built 250 bu. gravity on Westendorf 10 ton gear, 12.5-16 tires
- 200 bu. gravity wagon on running gear
- 185 bu. gravity wagon on running gear, 15” tires
- 185 bu. gravity box, no gear
- 8” x 61’ auger, 540 PTO
- Flare box on running gear, hoist
FARM RELATED ITEMS
Bush Hog PHD 2102 3-pt. post digger, 12” bit, 540 PTO, SN 12-09314; Snapper riding lawn mower, 14.5 hp Briggs & Stratton engine, 30” deck; Stihl FS 45 string trimmer; 3-pt. bale spear; 3-pt. bale mover; (3) Farmstar 50 bu. calf creep feeders; Gold Circle 140 bu. portable creep feeder, no gates; (5) 12’ Farmstar corral panels, and others; Quantity of pipe gates, various sizes; (3) Large bale feeders; Quantity of 4” perforated pipe; Quantity of hedge posts; 300 gallon fuel barrel on stand; (30) new 7’ T-posts; Approximately 25 one year old large round bales of hay; (4) new rolls of Red Brand barbed wire and others; 60 gallon poly water tank; Handy man jack; Open & boxed end wrenches; Werner 6’ step ladder; Log chains; Older power tools; Drop cords; #9 wire and other related items.
GE chest type freezer; 2007 LG refrigerator/freezer; GE 4 burner gas stove; Kenmore apartment washer and dryer; Octagon dinner table w/ 4 rolling chairs; Amana Radar range; Walnut drop leaf table w/6 chairs; Walnut 3 glass door china cabinet/ buffet; 48” roll top desk; Full size bed w/mirrored dresser; 4 drawer dresser; Hide-a-bed; (4) upholstered chairs; Brown 3 cushion sofa; Table and standing lamps; End tables; Singer sewing machine w/ cabinet; Schwinn exercise bike; Hoover WindTunnel vacuum; Carrom board; Beveled mirror; Dwinell-Wright coffee box
Mark your calendars now for this upcoming live auction for the Frank H. Tortat Estate. Frank was a well known cattleman in the Bonaparte, Iowa area and this farm has it all including productive tillable farmland, pastureland, recreational acreage and country acreage. Brief sale order: 10:00 A.M. tools & farm related items, real estate sells at 11:00 A.M., followed by any unsold items. Please follow our website for auction updates, detailed photos, internet bidding catalog & load-out information. There is no buyer’s premium. All items will sell absolute – without reserve. Not responsible for accidents, errors or omissions.
Frank H. Tortat Estate
Kaye Morrow & Janice McTee – Co-Executors
707 1st Street, Keosauqua, IA 52565
Phone: (515) 868-0088
Auction Managers: Jim Huff (319) 931-9292 & Jeff Hoyer (319) 759-4320