160 ACRES ± • 2 TRACTS
MONDAY, FEBRUARY 8, 2016 AT 4:00 P.M.
SOLD! TRACT 1 – $6,000.00 PER ACRE
SOLD! TRACT 2 – $200,000.00 LUMP SUM
TOTAL – $1,202,960.00
Auction to be held at the Bridge View Center, 102 Church Street, Ottumwa, IA.
OPEN HOUSE: MONDAY, JANUARY 25, 2016 • 4:00 P.M. – 5:00 P.M.
The Sammons Farm is located in Section 1, Center Township, Wapello County, IA at the north edge of Ottumwa, IA on St. Hwy. 63 (2931 N. Court Rd.).
Tract 1 – 155 Acres ± (subject to survey)
- FSA information should indicate 144.16 acres of tillable cropland.
- Productive soils include Grundy, Arispe & Arispe-Clearfield.
- CSR 2: 65 (on the tillable portion)
- This well located tract is improved with a 36’ x 56’ machinery building and a very nice pond with a park like setting.
- This parcel also has had an extensive amount of conservation practices including terraces & field drainage tile, etc.
- Access is on the east by St. Hwy. 63.
Tract 2 – Executive Home & 5 Acres ± (subject to survey)
- This parcel is improved with a 2,160 sq. ft. executive home with a 2 car attached garage, large master bedroom on the main level & 2 bedrooms on the lower level. Other amenities of this fine home include Quaker Mfg. oak kitchen cabinets w/ a bar style island, a formal dining room & a large living room with brick front fireplace. The walkout lower level also features a large family room with a wood burning fireplace, an office, as well as a utility/summer type kitchen area. The home is heated by a GFA furnace w/ central air plus passive solar designed heat and this property also has public water.
- Other improvements include several nice structures such as a 38’ x 88’ machinery storage building w/ a heated shop area and concrete floor; an attached 28’ x 30’ garage; a 30’ x 45’ machinery storage building; and over 24,000 bu. of grain storage.
- This is all situated on a beautifully landscaped acreage which also includes a nice pond that can be viewed from a large deck on the rear of the home or from the nicely constructed gazebo.
- If you are in the market for a magnificent acreage, look no further because this one has it all! The description of this property does not do it justice — this is a must see property!
- Be sure to attend the Open House on Mon., Jan. 25th from 4:00 – 5:00 p.m.
- Access is on the east by St. Hwy. 63.
Method & Terms
The Sammons family farm will be sold in two tracts. The acres in this brochure are estimated and a survey is currently in progress. Said surveyed acres will be used to calculate the final settlement price on Tract 1. Tract 1 will sell on a price per acres basis. Tract 2 will sell for a “lump sum” total dollar amount. Each tract will be final and will NOT be offered in its entirety at the end of the auction.
Ten percent (10%) of the bid price will be due on the day of the auction with the balance due at the time of closing and upon delivery of merchantable abstract and deed. Closing of both tracts is scheduled to be on or before March 11, 2016. Real estate taxes will be prorated to date of possession, based upon the last available tax statement. Full possession will be given at the time of closing on both tracts. Farm sells free and clear for the ‘16 crop year.
All announcements sale day shall take precedence over any prior advertising either written or oral. The information in this brochure is believed to be accurate; however, no liability for its accuracy, errors or omissions is assumed. All lines drawn on maps, photographs, etc. are approximate. Buyers should verify the information to their satisfaction. There are no expressed or implied warranties pertaining to the property. This real estate is being sold “as is”.
Mark your calendars now & make plans to attend this Wapello County, IA land auction. Complimentary refreshments will be served.
Please note: Personal property will sell at 9:00 A.M. at the farm in Ottumwa, IA.
DONALD AND MABEL SAMMONS
Representing & Closing Attorney:
Lynch Law Office
207 South Washington Street
For additional information, John Probasco (National Rep.) 641-856-7355